Many of our users prefer to use their own pre-established handwritten letter providers due to familiarity and appreciation of the advanced tracking options these companies can provide. However, offrs grants the ability to send letters out to your leads based on tags or saved search lists. Users are provided a monthly allotment based on number of territories licensed. After this allotment is exceeded, the agent has the option to charge a credit card in order to pay for additional letters.
1. Locate the 'Launch Campaign' module on your home screen.
2. Click on the 'Launch Campaign' button.
3. Locate the 'Handwritten Letters' module.
4. Click on the 'Launch' button.
5. You have several ways to select who you want to send the letters to:
- Click on the search bar and type in or select the tag you would like to send the letter to. Then, click 'Search.'
- Click on the tag from the 'Quick Launch' suggestions.
- Click on a recently saved search list.
(If you are not familiar with how to save a customized list, please refer to the help article about saving a list.)
You will see a confirmation in a green box of the number of people who have the appropriate contact information to receive the campaign.
6. Click the button below this green box.
- If it is a green button, it will tell you how many allotment you have for this campaign type and will say 'Continue To Next Step.'
- If it is a red button, it is indicating that you do not have enough allotment to send to all of the people on the group. Clicking this will take you through the process of allowing a one-time charge on your credit card.
(After you exceed your allotment, letters cost $1.00 each.)
7. If you are using a global tag, you may have the option of selecting a suggested template or starting from scratch. For the suggested templates, click the 'Preview the campaign' button to see a preview. When ready, click the 'Choose' button next to the option you would like. If you were not provided an option, then no suggested templates exist and you will be taken to the 'Start from scratch' page.
8. Fill out the name of the campaign - This is the name that will be shown when you are viewing the campaign in the future on the 'Sent Campaigns' screen.
9. Then, I suggest picking a font size for your letter. Scroll down to find a dropdown that says 'Default Size.' Select the size of the font that will be generated. The numbers are in pts (points). They are the same scale used in your word document application you use on your computer. The default size is 24.
10. After selecting a size, scroll up and click the 'Save' button. The font size affects the character limit. After clicking the 'Save' button, the character counter will update.
(The smaller the font, the more characters can fit on the page. The sizes are as follows:)
Size - Character Limit
20 - 1100
22 - 900
24 - 800
26 - 600
28 - 500
30 - 400
11. Scroll back down and select your font. Click the 'View Fonts' button to see a preview of what each font looks like. Look at what the name of it is and then select it from the dropdown just to the left of the button.
12. When finished, scroll up and click the 'Save' button.
13. Fill out the body of the letter - This is the content of the letter.
14. When finished, scroll up and click the 'Save' button.
15. Uncheck or leave checked the option of having the recipient's name as the first word on the letter, the option to include the letter signature you have set up in our system, and the option to include your logo as the header.
(For more information on signatures, please refer to the help article about entering your signatures. If you leave the letter signature blank, we will print the important information for you on the letter. This includes your name, company, email, and phone number entered in the profile section.)
16. Once finished, click the 'Save' button at the top. This is very important. Click the 'Save' button whenever you make a change to the letter.
17. After clicking the 'Save' button, click the 'Send Campaign' button at the top of the screen.
18. Click the blue words at the bottom of the next page that say 'Generating the PDF.... click this link to view'. This will take you to a preview of your final letter.
(If you are sending a mass letter and you selected the option to include the first name, it will show 'First Name.' Do not worry. The name will attach. This is not what will go out but is simply part of the preview process.)
19. Review the preview of the letter below. To make any changes, click the 'Edit' button.
20. Select the day that you would like the letter to be sent out.
21. When ready to send, click the 'OK. I Approve. Send It." button.
Thank you for reading this article. We hope we were able to help!
Search Terms: launch, loading, load, starting, start, beginning, begin, making, make, campaigns, bunch, people, many, multiple